1. Breakfast. Especially when husband makes it. Yum!
2. Laid-back mornings. These are the best. I am one of those annoying, “I’m awake! Hello world!!” morning people, but I don’t really do much…I like to sit at the computer sipping my coffee for an hour or so before hitting the ground running. Some mornings that just isn’t possible, so I really appreciate when it is.
3. Decent camera on phone. I’m enjoying having semi-nice pictures instead of blurry, weird lighting ones. Of course, nothing compares to the pictures my two photographer friends take. They’ve completely spoiled pictures for me, forever, because they lavish lovely photos of my family. 😉
4. Tea Tree Oil. This is what I use to clean my house most days. It works especially well on mold, although I’m not opposed to using bleach when I need to. Tea tree oil doesn’t burn my nose hairs and a few drops go a long way. Plus, it’s easy to find and really cheap.
5. Steam Cleaner. I’ve been borrowing my friend’s steam cleaner for months now. My carpets are g-r-o-s-s. My entire house is carpeted..except the bathroom (although that was carpeted until this past Thanksgiving, when the toilet overflowed multiple times and I said enough!). Also, I’m pretty sure most of the carpet is from 1970, so there’s a lot of wear and tear. It’s so nice to clean it up and see the difference from one spot to another. Also, I had forgotten what color the carpet in the kitchen (!!!) was until I steamed it. Amazing!
6. River time. I haven’t been to the river nearly as much as I had planned to this summer. When the older two were younger, we spent a lot of time there. It’s free, fun and there’s always something to learn about…frogs, minnows, rocks, current. Anyway, we went with a friend today to a perfect little spot by her mom’s house. It was lots of fun. While the adults were gabbing on the gravel, I noticed her youngest impressively climbing up some big rocks. I assumed it was okay so I just watched and finally, as he got close to the top, I remarked how adept he was. Oops! Turns out, that was not an okay thing to do and mama ran to fetch him. From an outside perspective, I imagine we were pretty funny: She’s yelling at him to stay right where you are, do NOT move. I’m coming from the other side in case he loses his footing (while trying not to notice how a snake could come out of the million crevices surrounding us), complementing his skill as a distraction so he’ll stay put until mama can get to him. Child, meanwhile, is hanging out looking at us both like, What’s the big deal, man? I’m just climbing! We got him down and went back to playing in the water.
7. Visiting with friends.
8. Beautiful memorial gardens.
9. Seeing how excited M gets when B comes back from an overnight.
10. More free boxes plus packing paper.
11. Neighbors who let my kids play.
12. New rental listings to hope for.
13. Dinner at the table.
15. Knowledge of night terrors.